Saturday, March 17, 2012

Week 4

Wiggles-LHFHG, MCP Phonics K, Singapore Essentials Math K, Reading Eggs

Wiggles is steadily progressing with reading.  He does Reading Eggs on the computer.  He is already on Map 5.  He is reading, but he doesn’t really know he can read yet.  He knows how to blend words, but isn’t quite to reading sentences fluently and knowing that he isn’t just trying to read one word at a time.

100_2222

This is one of his projects for LHFHG where he used several kitchen ingredients to make layers of soil.  The best part about his jar of dirt (SmileCaptain Jack anyone?) is that he got to eat it in the end. 

100_2240

This is his painting of the wall of Jericho.

His math is steadily progressing and he recognizes before and after numbers when they are missing.

Bubba-BHFHG, LLATL Yellow, MCP Phonics C, Jump Math

Bubba jumped into BHFHG this week.  I decided that he needed to move up already and not finish BLHFHG.  He places in Bigger now and he also has to test this year.  I am adding a lot to Bigger to try and prepare him for state testing.  He is doing MCP Phonics C to improve spelling and learn phonics rules.  We chose LLATL Yellow instead of R&S mainly for the exposure to more writing earlier.  

100_2230100_2227100_2228

He shocked me by how intuitive he is with science experiments and labs.  He was quick to conclude a guess which I copied on the board for him in order to make the written part of the lab easier.  In doing it this way, he was able to guess, do the experiment and focus on it, and then come back to the table and write the lab up all at one time.

100_2242100_2244100_2245

I really thought notebooking would be a bigger challenge than it has been.  He is doing well with it and I wish that I wouldn’t have waited this long to move him up.

Tadpole-CTC,LLATL Tan, DITHOR, Write with the Best, Jump Math

100_2229

Tadpole working on her notebooking.

100_2241

Her Philistine helmet.

100_2243

I actually had to bribe her for a picture.  I think this is the first project that has seemed a bit not to my girl’s taste.  They thought they looked odd and gave them to their younger brothers who delighted in wearing them.  This one does seem a bit young for the girls.

The best news is that the girls finally seem to be bridging their gaps in math.  Tadpole scored a 93 on her math test from the Algebra and Patterns Unit.

Big Sis-CTC, SOTW 1, LLATL Tan, Write with the Best, DITHOR, Jump Math

Even if I paid Big Sis she would not let me take a picture of her wearing the Philistine helmet.   She quickly gave hers to Bubba who loved it.

I don’t have any pictures of her working this week either.  She is finishing up so quickly with CTC.  It seems that we have hit a snag and she is finishing her work so quickly.  I bought the extensions and that at least gives her a little more work.   I also decided a little more insight from a different point of view and perspective of the ancient time period.  So she is reading Story of the World for fun.

She is teaching herself code and making digital avatars and banners.  

I am probably going to move her up to LLATL Green next week.  I am debating getting  Teaching Textbooks Pre-Algebra as well.

Until next week…

No comments:

Post a Comment