Saturday, July 27, 2013

It’s that time of year again! Back to School!

We have had a lovely summer filled with visiting family at the beach, playing, and just relaxing.

Summer Catch-Up

Tadpole took a homeschool sewing class that a dear friend taught and made this awesome LSU pillowcase!

IMG_1012[1]IMG_1013[1]

We got to visit family and have a vacation at Mexico Beach, Florida!

IMG_0961[1]IMG_0947[1]

A tropical storm came through!

IMG_0967[1]

My Dad and brother in law have boats and we went out on the ocean and Bubba caught a nice catch. Smile

IMG_0933[1]IMG_0931[1]

We stayed in a townhouse that was wonderful!

IMG_0929[1]IMG_0928[1]

We had to stop and take a pic!

IMG_0923[1]

Summer Field Trips

Blueberry Farm

IMG_1054[1]

Fire Dept.

IMG_1146[1]

Back to School Time

However, it is time to get back to school. Our first day is August 7. Our books have came. I have tackled the schooling area and replenished supplies. We are as ready as ever.

The debris I had to sift through after cleaning out cubbies and school pantry. 

IMG_1112[1]

Our school sends pretty much everything we need.  This is the random supplies that needed restocking after sifting through the debris. Winking smile

IMG_1103[1]

Wiggles with his books on box day! 

IMG_1095[1]

And of course, I can’t leave out pics from Wiggles k’er graduation last May.  He had one with our homeschool group (cap and gown) and one with our umbrella school.

IMG_1048[1]IMG_1049[1]

Last year was rough for Wiggles.  Graduating Kindergarten was a big achievement.  He was hospitalized three times in three months and spent a week on a ventilator.  I am so thankful that he is here with us and returning to the mischievous little boy he was before the illness.

I plan to blog weekly this year for us.  I love when people comment and love the encouragement of other homeschoolers, but after Aaron’s illness…I want to start really utilizing the blog to journal our life and be able to look back and treasure all these moments. Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment