Monday, November 25, 2013

k12 No more!

Our charter made so many changes this year that it made schooling miserable.  I felt as if my children and I were glued to the computer and everything was about the state test and assessments.  That was not why we are at home.  We are at home to learn and enjoy learning.

That was a distant memory with k12.  It had become awful.  We withdrew with 5 weeks left in the term.  We are on a holiday until after Christmas.  We will then resume traditional homeschooling with HOD.  We had used HOD successfully for several years prior to starting our charter.

IMG_1540[1]

We are taking a break for about a month for the holidays to de-school and for me to plan properly and purchase HOD.  I have decided since K12 was so rigorous and everyone was working ahead of their grade level that they have completed their current grade levels.  To sum it up, Big Sis will be 9th….Tadpole 8th…Bubba 5th (not moving up grade level yet…)….Wiggles will be 2nd.  We are very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment