Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Grading

Since we use a CM style curriculum, grades are very subjective.  That makes it hard some times to know how to grade an oral narration or written narration compared to the textbook style or right or wrong questions and answers.

How do I grade?

IMG_2052[1]

This is the check rubric.  I found it on a teacher’s site years ago that is no longer around.  I had printed the pdf of her file and laminated it.  You could easily duplicate it on a graphics program.

Our curricula does have guidelines for both oral and written narrations and I use them and compare them to our check rubric to come up with a final grade.

Grade Sheet History

Since I don’t always have my tablet handy or charged while listening to narrations, I use these grade sheets from CHC.  They used to sell them as grading masters.  There is a blank one that I can use for any subject and create my own grading topics.

Blank Grade Sheet

We keep all our grades in Homeschool Helper for permanent records.  It was $4.99 on my Nook. 

I try to input grades daily for our curriculum and you have a variety of reports that you can email in pdf format to print.  It does not do transcripts though is my only complaint.

Our state accepted these report cards with no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment