Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Life Changes

I have never posted a picture of my youngest intubated and on the ventilator as I really don’t want it out on the internet.

He has battled mycopneumonia and severe asthma for several years.  He has had about 7 hospital stays in 2 years.  He takes enough medicine for a grown man that weighs 200 lbs that has severe asthma.  We could never find out why.  Why did he suddenly get so sick?  Why couldn’t he get well?

Well, over Christmas break during a purge of the boys’ room….I shifted the bunk beds to clean and smelled this odd smell….so I moved the bunk beds and the carpet stunk right there but only if you were inches from it.  So we started the process of moving.  It was very quick and full of mine fields.  My husband had a wreck with an 18 wheeler and my daughter got a concussion on the soccer field during the move.  We spent 2 weeks at my in-laws with our belongings in storage. 

My husband felt convicted to cut into the wall just to see after we cut the carpet to see what we were dealing with…this is what he found….

IMG_3301IMG_3312IMG_3313

I bought this mold kit at Lowes for about $12 and sent it off.  The report was gnarly.  It was 4 types of mold.  2 types of toxic mold.  Chaetomium, Penicillium/Aspergillus, Stachybotrys, Memnoniella.

There are no words to say we are relieved that we can begin the path of healing with my little guy.  We take the results to the pediatrician this week and his appointment with the pulmonologist is next month.

I am sure there is still a long road ahead of us with this ordeal, but at least we have some answers.  Maybe not all the answers but some.

No comments:

Post a Comment