Learn at Home has a real great reading list. I don’t want to miss out on it. I had planned to do DITHOR 2/3 with both girls. I was going to use Learn at Home to beef up Tadpole’s Language Arts and Spelling so that I could combine her in LHFHG with Bubba. After getting Learn at Home and seeing it in person, I love the reading list.
After getting all of the Learn at Home books in, I am going to use their reading as is for the kiddos. I still plan to use DITHOR, but I will be using the 3rd and 4th grade book lists for it with Tadpole and Big Sis respectively.
Instead of doing BHFHG’s story time with Big Sis, I will be doing Learn at Home’s reading. I thought about trying to combine LAH’s Reading with DITHOR, but then I would have tried to match my weeks up here and there. Then I tried to figure out how I could combine LAH’s reading with BHFHG’s story time selections and I realized that wouldn’t work because BHFHG only does 9 books for story time. They cover one book for each genre in 20 days per book. LAH’s reading covers 24 books in 36 weeks. We would miss out on a lot of good reads and I don’t know how I would have made some of the smaller books last 20 days. So after 2 days on the computer trying to make a reading list work for combining HOD’s story time and LAH’s reading, I decided to just do LAH’s reading and I am at peace with that decision.
Tadpole will also be doing LAH’s reading for 3rd grade. Since I am combining her with Bubba in LHFHG, there wasn’t a decision to be made about eliminating story time. She can listen in on Bubba’s story time as well as do LAH’s reading as her story time.
Bubba will still be doing LHFHG’s Thornton Burgess’ books for story time as well as adding in LAH’s reading.
This really will work out well since we are doing LAH’s language arts and spelling and the reading ties in on some activities.

No comments:
Post a Comment