Friday, January 8, 2010

Holiday Break is Over

Well we are changing from Singapore math with the girls.  I love Singapore math, but the girls aren’t going to move forward without their facts down.  So we have started R&S Math 3 at Lesson 41 where multiplication begins.

 102_1456

Our first day of R&S Math 3.

102_1457

Tadpole working on spelling at the table.

102_1460

Bubba has been doing Abeka All About Numbers 1 (circa 1982).  This is actually the same book I learned in many moons ago. 

102_1461

Bubba working on his reading on the pc.

We had a pretty good week after the horrid first day.  Bubba worked through a lot of the Reading Pass on the computer.  It has been so nice to have the girls in the same math also.  I can’t wait until next year when I will do the same thing with them for all subjects.

It is so cold here right now.  This is a fun pic of Big Sis holding a sheet of ice outside. 

bre with ice

3 comments:

  1. I understand the need to take the occasional break from Singapore. I've used R&S and BJU to help supplement those facts.

    Oh my, 1982? Seriously? I feel really really old. LOL.

    And wow, stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the black board! Oh, and like Daisy, uhm yeah, I'm a wee bit older. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great, productive week!

    ReplyDelete